ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro and ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro+ are official, but what are the differences? Discuss ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro and ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro+ officially, but what are the differences?
In the smartphone purchase advice forum in the cross-manufacturer area, gaming smartphones may be like gaming laptops because some see little point in it, and others are looking forward to new models, but…With gaming smartphones,
It may be like gaming laptops because some see little point in it, and others are looking forward to new models, but there are often devices that are in the high-end area and therefore attractive. This guide will shed light on the similarities and differences between the new ZTE Nubia gamer smartphones Red Magic 8 Pro and Red Magic 8 Pro+ for you.
At first glance, you don’t see any differences from the front. The two models are also the same size, and the Pro+ model is only slightly heavier, but on the back, the Pro+ looks higher quality with its design but has “only ” a triple cam installed. The similarities are significant, so here is a quick run-through of all the identical data:
- Approx. 164 x 76.4 x 8.9 millimeters
- Glass front, aluminum frame, and back
- Fan for cooling installed in the smartphone
- Pressure-sensitive zones as additional buttons in the frame
- 6.8-inch AMOLED display with 1B colors, 120Hz, and 1300 nits maximum
- 1,116 x 2,480 pixels full HD+ in 20:9 format
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Android 13 on Redmagic OS 6 User Interface
- Qualcomm SM8550 Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Octa-Core CPU with Adreno 740 GPU
- Red Magic R2 additional chip for haptic feedback
- Dual SIM function, but no slot for a memory card, no eSIM
- Front camera under the display with 16-megapixel wide-angle and HDR
- Primary camera 50-megapixel wide-angle with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF, plus 8 megapixels 120° ultra-wide angle with f/2.2 aperture and two-megapixel macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, plus 8K to 30fps possible, 4K with up to 60fps and full-HD with a maximum of 240fps
- Stereo speakers, 3.5mm jack, and 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
- Navigation via GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C 3.2 connector with USB on the Go and connector for accessories like an external fan
The Pro model then comes with either 128GB / 8GB RAM, 256GB / 8GB RAM, or 256GB / 12GB RAM, while the Pro+ has 256GB / 12GB RAM, 512GB / 16GB RAM, or 1TB / 16GB RAM. However, whether all variants will also be available here needs to be clarified here. There are also differences in the battery, because while the storm in the Pro+ is only named with 5,000mAh, but charges with up to 165W Fast Charging, the battery in the Pro is specified with 6,000mAh, but only has a maximum of 80W Fast Charging available.
In terms of price, the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro starts at around €550, and for the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 8 Pro+, you have to expect prices from about €700. For devices with this CPU, these are still relatively low prices, but on the one hand, you have to accept compromises with the camera. On the other hand, it is not yet entirely clear how the prices will ultimately turn out for a release from us.