What Is Cyber Defense?
In recent years, due to a constant increase in cyber attacks, attention has grown around the issue of Cyber Defense both nationally and internationally. The term Cyber Defense,” computer defense”, refers to the ability of an organization, public body or company to prevent a hacker attack against a computer system or device and implies adopting measures capable of countering intrusions to avoid the illegal theft of sensitive data.
All cyber defense strategies have one common goal: to prevent, disrupt, and respond to cyber threats. Cybersecurity360, head of the Digital360 group for Cyber Security, defines Cyber Defense as “A defense mechanism of the computer network that includes the response to actions, the protection of critical infrastructures and the guarantee of information for organizations, government bodies and other possible networks”.
Why Is Cyber Defense Important?
As the volume and complexity of cyberattacks grow, a proactive approach to cyber defense allows you to respond promptly to potential threats to protect sensitive data and safeguard infrastructure so that no information is tampered with. Cyber defense aims to allow organizations, businesses and institutions to continue their business while simultaneously facing persistent threats and sophisticated attacks.
This means that the definition of a Cyber Defense strategy is essential to identify, through specific technical analyses, the paths and vulnerable areas to use the resources used for security effectively. It is no coincidence that, as highlighted by Techopedia, a vast range of activities are involved in IT defense processes to protect the entity concerned: think of the reduction of the attractiveness of the environment for potential attackers, understanding critical locations and sensitive information, implementing preemptive controls to ensure attacks are costly, attack detection capability, and ability to react and respond.
Passive Security And Operational Security: How To Defend Yourself Against Cyber Attacks?
In the field of information security, protection from potential threats is achieved by acting at two main levels:
- Passive security (or physical security): includes defensive techniques and tools whose objective is to prevent unauthorized users from accessing resources, systems, plants, devices, equipment, information and data of a confidential nature;
- Operational security (or logistical security): includes the techniques and tools by which information and data of a confidential nature are made secure, protecting them from the possibility that unauthorized users can access and modify them. Both hardware and software tools fall into this category.
Passive and active safety are complementary, and both are essential to achieve an adequate level of safety.
Cyber Expert: The Solution For Cyber Defense
Vulnerability analysis aims to detect “known” weaknesses of IT infrastructures on the exposed perimeter of the network to reduce the risk deriving from cyber attacks in a rapid and timely manner before attackers can exploit the vulnerabilities.
At the end of the test, a report containing the list of all the identified criticalities with the relative risk class and the remediation to correct them will be generated. This type of analysis is based on external cyber intelligence techniques through a risk engine with proprietary technology that does not require software installation.
ALSO READ: Network Security: Rules And Tools
In addition to this, CyberExpert allows you to :
- Discover and remediate computer threats related to malware infections.
- Identify leaked credentials (Data Breach).
- Identify data breaches through deep web analytics.
- Identify malicious and copyright-infringing data transfers on peer-to-peer networks.
Here are the advantages of the Namirial platform:
- No software to install: CyberExpert is a ready-to-use web platform and does not require the installation of any software, with considerable savings in time and investment;
- Ease of use: enter the requested data into the platform (public IP address, email, domain, web address) and schedule the analysis. Once ready, CyberExpert will send the report directly to your email address;
- Intuitive Reports – The reports generated by CyberExpert are comprehensive and easy to understand. They highlight the vulnerabilities of your information infrastructure, report the presence of your data on the deep web, data breaches, and malware, and guide you in counteracting actions.
- Available APIs: you are a reseller. The APIs allow you to integrate the CyberExpert platform into your online shop. In this way, customers can access the platform directly from your website.