If you want to see your brand indexed on a search engine, such as Google, working on SEO – natural referencing – is essential. However, to achieve positioning in the SERPs and increase the generation of targeted traffic to your site, it is necessary to master SEO optimization techniques. Find out how to gain rankings on Google and improve your online sales.
Why Is It Essential To Have A Technically Optimized Site?
Whether you have an E-Commerce store or a website dedicated to your professional activity, it is essential to be referenced on Google to exist on the web so that potential customers find you when they are looking for you. Competition is tough to position yourself in first place on the engine. It is, therefore, essential to implement an SEO optimization strategy to be indexed in the top 3 of target queries. In addition to this apparent visibility, implementing good SEO practices to optimize a website has multiple advantages for the growth of your business:
- Being listed on Google offers “free” visibility, in the sense that unlike Google Ads or Facebook advertising, you do not pay for each click. On the other hand, SEO services carried out by agencies, such as JVWEB, are paid for performance.
- SEO makes it possible to generate targeted traffic on target queries for which content pages have been optimized. You can thus reach the user throughout the conversion tunnel.
- Technically optimizing your site for SEO is a real differentiating factor from the competition and a way to stand out against other brands.
- Specific technical SEO optimizations, such as reducing loading time, contribute to a better user experience, which translates into conversion volumes and conversion rates.
- Being well-referenced on search engines means being more visible to the public and, therefore, ultimately, gaining notoriety, which again creates new business opportunities.
The SEO optimization of a website is based on several pillars, including technical optimization. Almost invisible, this project is nevertheless decisive for increasing sales volumes.
What Are The Technical Obstacles To SEO?
When it comes to SEO, every site is different. Google recommends good SEO practices to access the best indexing, including on a technical level. However, it all depends on the SEO capital thought into the site’s design. To find out what technical obstacles need to be optimized to obtain a more efficient positioning on search engines, the most effective way is to conduct an SEO audit. Personalized, this will list the technical elements to review to gain places on the target query. More generally, here are the technical obstacles that slow down the SEO of websites:
- The main page, typically the home page, is duplicated on several URLs with different scripts. As a result, these URLs cannibalize each other, their “juice” is diluted, and the search engine no longer knows which URL to target. He then leaves it aside.
- Pages in no index. It is expected to see this incentive for search engines not to reference the page lying around… on pages with high notoriety, which, in addition, collect the most backlinks. Bad pick all the way!
- A tree structure that is too complex and contains too many levels. The most profound pages are lost there; Google bots do not crawl them, and therefore, these pages are not positioned on the targeted keywords.
- SEO content pages optimized for wrong keywords. Sometimes, targeting queries that are too competitive or generic, on-page optimization is ineffective. The content is drowned out, the click rate is at its lowest, and the requests compete.
- The images in the catalogs are not indexed, either by a robots.txt blocking access or because the visual is not identifiable by its name. In both cases, you are missing SEO opportunities.
- The sitemap of the site is not up to date. It’s a great classic after the redesign or migration of a place. Remember to check so that search engines identify new pages.
- A loading time that is too long for the user will affect the bounce rate and potentially cause you to fall in the Google rankings. Do you test your site speed via Google PageSpeed Insight?
- Your website is not responsive, that is to say, suitable for mobile browsing. Which upsets Google indexing as much as the user!
How Do You Carry Out A Technical SEO Audit?
To identify technical SEO optimization points, an SEO audit is the best option. At JVWEB, we proceed in 4 steps to offer you a complete SEO audit, allowing us to establish clear and easy-to-activate recommendations to increase its presence on search engines. The visibility audit: this involves analyzing the positioning of your pages identifying the top keywords and the top SEO pages.
- The technical audit: here, more than 15 points are scrutinized to determine the sites to be optimized. This could be mastery of crawling, indexing, internal networking, robot.txt and sitemap.xml, web performance, structured data, etc.
- Content audit: by analyzing the quality and quantity of content, detecting duplicate content, the typology of the page or SEO markup, such as titles, meta-descriptions, etc.
- The net linking audit: here, we analyze external link profiles such as internal networking or the linking of your competitors to identify the best backlinks and their anchors.
What Are Good SEO Optimization Practices?
There are many good practices for technically optimizing a website. Here are the ten optimizations to implement as a priority after having identified your SEO obstacles:
- Ensure the site is under https and has an SSL certificate. Otherwise, Google will block access…
- Check the settings of the robots.txt file and remove the “disallow” mention, which blocks the page’s indexing.
- Offer the best possible user experience, including on mobile. Google now gives accurate SEO weight to this ranking factor.
- Correct dead links, which taint the authority granted to the site. Don’t forget to check the internal mesh.
- Correct 404 errors and offer a redirection to a landing page. Otherwise, navigation is broken for both the engine and the user.
- Standardize SEO markup for titles, descriptions and visuals of each site page.
- Confirm web page indexing with Google Search Console.
- Respect a single vocabulary for creating URLs dedicated to new pages, which helps engines explore the site.
- Enrich pages with structured data, such as rich snippets or semantic tags.
Why Get Support In The Technical Optimization Of Your Site?
Ensuring SEO optimization, especially on the technical aspects of SEO, requires specialized and constantly renewed skills. Today, it is almost utopian to manage the SEO of a website yourself, especially when it has many pages and regular updates. Entrusting SEO optimization to an SEO agency, such as JVWEB, allows you to gain positions more quickly, thanks to the expertise and technique of our consultants. Regularly trained and witnesses of numerous use cases, they know good practices, such as avoiding pitfalls.
Mastering your SEO also means devoting a lot of time to monitoring the evolution of positions for each keyword, monitoring updates to the Google algorithm, monitoring the indexing of competing sites, etc… Actions which also require equipping oneself with tools which are often expensive and complex to use for a novice. Entrusting the SEO optimization of your website to JVWEB means saving time, sales and a relationship of trust! Let’s talk about your project, contact us.