The digitization of events, accelerated by the pandemic, allows the Metaverse to create memorable virtual experiences. How to organize an event in the Metaverse
In these years of massive technological progress, the Metaverse is revolutionizing the organization of events. Thanks to the emerging technologies of augmented and virtual reality, it is possible to create 3D spaces to host immersive, shared, and memorable experiences.
The Metaverse is a social platform based on an interconnected and permanent digital world, a prerequisite for Web 3. For the events industry, this amounts to a new way of doing things so that conferences no longer need to be in attendance to be successful.
Virtual locations where participants meet in the form of avatars, fairs where virtual objects are bought, and scenography for the most exclusive events: events in the Metaverse will soon be a reality.
ALSO READ: What Not To Buy Before Black Friday
Events In The Metaverse: Benefits And Features
- Organizing an event in the Metaverse means taking advantage of unlimited space to give shape to your ideas. Thanks to your avatar, it also allows people on the other side of the world to experience it by visiting a sector fair or participating in a company meeting.
- Based on a virtual space, the Metaverse solves problems that can arise in the real world: a limited number of screens, shared documents, webcams, etc.
- Web browsers today are incredibly powerful, and with the right platform, you can use the Metaverse on almost any mobile device or laptop with one click. Increased accessibility ensures that everyone has the technology to embrace this ecosystem.
- Secondly, there are no limits on the number of participants. Event organizers are supported by venue capacity and design. Indeed, a location in the Metaverse can be designed to meet the most varied needs, with access to large rooms for working groups or smaller spaces for conferences or parallel presentations.
- Another benefit of virtual experiences is the ability to engage audiences. The Metaverse allows organizers to be creative in their approach to event planning. But the Metaverse’s ability to drive diversity and inclusion cannot be overlooked either.
- The ability for an attendee to create their avatar allows them to be whoever they want, which can help define a more inclusive audience.
- Opportunity is amplified by creating a virtual clone of the event that anyone can access not through a computer monitor but through viewers or glasses, similar to Oculus and VR viewers.
Opportunities For Companies
- In the Metaverse, visitors can move between the fair’s booths, try the brands’ products and purchase virtual items, listen to lectures, and interact with other avatars.
- The Metaverse has all the credentials to “increase” an experience such as that of a wedding by allowing guests miles away to participate in a dream location.
- Still, it provides event organizers with data nearly impossible to collect at physical events. Avatars can walk, talk, dance, shake hands, share, like, and comment – levels of engagement that can be recorded in detail and offer illuminating insights.
- Companies adopting the Metaverse for conferences and events will undoubtedly have the edge over their competitors as the industry continues to grow.
How To Organize An Event In The Metaverse
- To be effective, virtual events must take advantage of the complementarity between the virtual and the real. The “plan ahead” rule is outdated: the immediacy of the Metaverse can fill a room in minutes.
- Planning a physical event, setting a goal before budgeting, selecting a venue, organizing marketing materials, and creating content are essential. Understanding the event’s purpose and the value to offer attendees is the key to success.
- When planning, ask: Will the sessions be hosted live or pre-recorded? What functionality do we need? Is the audience familiar with the chosen platform? What tools do you use to engage your audience?
- Then, it’s time to decide which location will be the most suitable for hosting the event. Virtual environments for live music, comedy shows, awards galas, social events, and more. Auditoriums for public speaking that host hundreds of users with the ability to zoom in on the stage to view slides and videos. Again, Hall is for realistic interactions with virtual exhibitors who can scale the number of stands depending on the size of the exhibition.
- Hosting an event in the Metaverse often requires attendees to use new software they may need to become more familiar with. To ensure the event runs smoothly, it helps create guidance on navigating the platform.
- For example, virtual concierges can be appointed to provide information on how to use the platform, the rules to follow, and how to behave.
It’s All About Engagement And Connection
The Metaverse is a collaborative space replicating the social interactions of attending an event. Organizers can host interactive polls or live Q&A sessions using web message boards.
Embracing the playful aspect will make the event memorable for the attendees. Dance parties with live music can be organized between one session and another, or games rooms can be set up.